You Are Here: Home » Religion

Turning a S.C. Crucifixion into a Resurrection

Turning a S.C. Crucifixion into a Resurrection   It is time to move the flag from the capitol grounds.” With those words, South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley captured the new understanding that came after the brutal murders of nine church members at Emanuel AME Church in Charleston. Over the weekend, I attended the emotionally draining funerals held for the slain. The governor attended each, receivi ...

Read more

God Is Love

By PORTIA MITTONS STAFF WRITER God Is Love     The title of this column “God is love” is inspired by 1 John 4:8 who plainly states “Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.” If we claim to be believers and lovers of Christ it is our duty to not just show love but BE love. My good friend stated to me that more people need a revelation of His love. And with the church bur ...

Read more

THE RELIGION CORNER: Thank You Lord, For Another Year

By LYNDIA GRANT NNPA from The  Washington Informer THE RELIGION CORNER: Thank You Lord,  For Another Year   What an exciting weekend we just had, me and my two co-hosts, Pat Cannady and Crystal Smith and our planning committee when we came together Saturday, June 13 at The Mill, in Baltimore, Maryland to celebrate my third radio show anniversary.  It was three years ago when we first came on the air at ...

Read more

What Would Happen if God RSVP’d

What Would Happen if God RSVP’d   This may sound familiar to some of you as I am commenting on an earlier article. There is a passage in scripture that tells us to be careful about how we entertain strangers because they in fact might be angels in disguise. Now I don’t know if you believe in angels, but have you ever wondered what you would do if you had the opportunity to entertain God. I mean what wo ...

Read more

Open the Floodgates of Heaven

BY: LYNDIA GRANT NNPA COLUMNIST Open the Floodgates of Heaven Open the Floodgates of Heaven” by Bishop Paul S. Morton is a song with one line of lyrics. It’s about times when you find yourself suffering through a drought. It is a metaphor that reminds us that His Word says He will open the windows of Heaven and pour us out blessings we won’t have room to receive. It causes us to reflect on the tragedies in ...

Read more

Balancing Your Life — Mentally, Physically and Spiritually

Balancing Your Life — Mentally, Physically and Spiritually This article is about our health mentally, physically and spiritually. The Bible says it is in 1 Corinthians: “What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?” It’s that time of the year again; my third radio show anniversary is in June. This year, my health fair will b ...

Read more

Pray on God’s Time, Not Yours

By James Washington Special to the NNPA From The Dallas Weekly Pray on God’s Time, Not Yours If you’re like me, prayer is a subject that keeps popping up because sometimes out of sheer habit, I keep doing it. Intellectually I understand its purpose and its benefit. But sometimes I get lost in the reality of whom and under what circumstances, I’m moved to pray. It’s then that I want my prayers answered on my ...

Read more

The Religion Corner: Happy Mother’s Day!

By: Lyndia Grant Special to the NNPA from The Washington Informer Happy Mother’s Day!  — But What About the Children?   Recently, the world watched Baltimore burn as we witnessed a mother who emerged as a hero in a video that went viral. Seen beating her teenage son across the head as she yelled, there was much feedback, some positive and others negative. I’m w ...

Read more

The Religion Corner: The Storm is Passing Over

by Lyndia Grant Special to the NNPA from The Washington The Religion Corner: The Storm is Passing Over The economy in America is much better today than it was 7 or 8 years ago! There is an upswing evidenced by new homes and businesses being built; people are spending more money now, and there is definitely new growth. Bob Deitrick, a Principal at Polaris Financial Partners, studies political parties to dete ...

Read more

Today’s Decisions Are Tomorrow’s Realities

By: Lindia Grant Special To The NNPA From The Washington Informer Today’s Decisions Are Tomorrow’s Realities Do you often feel like you’re stuck in an almost-life? You think to yourself, you’re a ‘mighty’ person in the making? No truer words have been spoken. I heard these words during an interview recently and they sounded familiar to me, too. Tim Storey, ac ...

Read more

© 2011 Powered By Wordpress, Goodnews Theme By Momizat Team

Scroll to top