You Are Here: Home » Community » Lifestyle » Religion

The Religion Corner: Happy Mother’s Day!

By: Lyndia Grant Special to the NNPA from The Washington Informer Happy Mother’s Day!  — But What About the Children?   Recently, the world watched Baltimore burn as we witnessed a mother who emerged as a hero in a video that went viral. Seen beating her teenage son across the head as she yelled, there was much feedback, some positive and others negative. I’m w ...

Read more

The Religion Corner: The Storm is Passing Over

by Lyndia Grant Special to the NNPA from The Washington The Religion Corner: The Storm is Passing Over The economy in America is much better today than it was 7 or 8 years ago! There is an upswing evidenced by new homes and businesses being built; people are spending more money now, and there is definitely new growth. Bob Deitrick, a Principal at Polaris Financial Partners, studies political parties to dete ...

Read more

Today’s Decisions Are Tomorrow’s Realities

By: Lindia Grant Special To The NNPA From The Washington Informer Today’s Decisions Are Tomorrow’s Realities Do you often feel like you’re stuck in an almost-life? You think to yourself, you’re a ‘mighty’ person in the making? No truer words have been spoken. I heard these words during an interview recently and they sounded familiar to me, too. Tim Storey, ac ...

Read more

Yeah, I Love You Too

Yeah, I Love You Too     By James Washington Special to the NNPA from The dallas weekly   I just had an experience that had me look up this previously written column. I was losing my mind as in my Christianity in the midst of going off on someone whom I believed deserved it. Fortunately for me, I remembered that the road to spiritual salvation is sometimes so obvious, so apparent that we just ...

Read more

Spiritually Speaking: Bringing Sin to the Party? Woe!

Spiritually Speaking: Bringing Sin to the Party? Woe!               By James Washington Special to the NNPA  From The Dallas Weekly As believers we think we have a lot on our plates. From our perspective however, that shouldn’t mean we’re challenged beyond our capacity to fulfill God’s destiny for us. It just means we have a purpose; God’s. The more we understand and inter ...

Read more

Forgiven and Forgive

By James Washington Special to the NNPA from the Houston Forward Times Forgiven and Forgive I am re-reading a book that I highly recommend by Beth Moore, Jesus, the One and Only. It reminds me rather vigorously that forgiveness is still a critical concept in the life of so many so called Christians, who profess faith as their spiritual cornerstone. The book is turning my soul inside out because it vividly r ...

Read more

The Religion Corner: This Day In History: April 4, 1968 – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. is Assassinated

The Religion Corner: This Day In History: April 4, 1968  – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. is Assassinated by Lyndia Grant Special to the NNPA from The Washington Informer Tune in on ‘Good Friday’ – April 3, 2015, to Radio One’s Spirit 1340, on WYCB, ‘Think on These Things’ hosted by me, Lyndia Grant, at 6:00 pm, to hear my interview with Rev. Bernice A. King, CEO of the Martin Luther King, Jr., Center for Non- ...

Read more

Drop and Give Me 20

Drop and Give Me 20   There is a perspective prevalent in our faith that our suffering is an integral part of God’s plan to ready us for the struggle of spreading the good news of Jesus Christ. Depending on your point of view you might think that to be a fact of faith. I just don’t believe it’s always true. However, I do believe suffering in some ways is a prerequisite for strengthening one’s spiritual ...

Read more

The Religion Corner: The Dream Marches On

This is a critical time when we all must take a look back at how things “used to be.” On March 7, 1965, state troopers attacked peaceful marchers who were crossing the Edmund Pettus Bridge in Selma, Alabama, en route to the capitol in Montgomery. On March 7, 2015, the world watched an African-American U.S. president, Barack Obama, speak during the 50th anniversary of Selma at the Edmund Pettus Bridge, where ...

Read more

An Unparalleled Act of Love

Nadirah Muhammad and A’ja Booth embrace three days after operation. A mask was worn because A’ja’s immune system was still low.     An Unparalleled Act  of Love She saved my life’ ...In an amazing act of love and courage,  A’ja Booth holding a copy of her unpublished book  “A New Beginning.” a Muslim teacher donates a kidney to a Christian student Eighteen-year-old A’ja Booth suffered from nephrotic sy ...

Read more

5090 W. Harrison, Chicago, IL. 60644 | Phone:773-378-0261 | © 2014 Powered By The Windy City Word

Twitter Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Scroll to top