You Are Here: Home » Community (Page 11)

CAR REVIEW – 2015 Toyota Camry

BY FRANK S. WASHINGTON CONTRIBUTING WRITER The Toyota Camry has been the bestselling car in the United States for 12 years. Yes, 10.2 million have been sold and more than half – 6.6 million – are still on the road. So why change it? We never got a definitive answer. Only explanations such as we made it more premium, more fun to drive or more emotional were tossed around but that doesn’t really answer the qu ...

Read more

IS YOUR FAMILY PROTECTED? – Life Insurance Strengthens Your Financial Safety Net

Savings account? Check.  Retirement account? Check.  Debt managed responsibly? Check.  Life insurance? Wait a minute ... Protecting your financial security is about more than having money in the bank now and in the near future. It’s also about long-term financial protection for your family. However, a significant share of Americans ...

Read more

FREEWAY RICK ROSS – Book signing at West Side barber shop

Freeway Ricky Ross book signing, Photo by: Jamale Yusan Recently Freeway Ricky Ross stopped by “In The Cut” Barber Shop and Salon on West Madison in Chicago to sign copies of his new book “Freeway Rick Ross The Untold Autobiography” and grab a quick haircut. Ricky Donnell Ross, better Known as “Freeway Ricky Ross” is one of those rare figures who’s experience as a drug kingpin has lead him to a life of reb ...

Read more

King Detro – Crowned “KING OF FOOTWORK” in Chicago

Wala Word King Detro Wala Word caught up with the footwork king, “King Detro”, as he prepared to host the weekly WarZone. For those still getting familiar with the art of foot working, King Detro, or the current number of internationally acclaimed dancers that come from Chicago, visit www.WalaCamTV.com Q: So how did you get started footworking? King Detro: I fell in love with dance as a teen. I use to watch ...

Read more

THE YEAR OF YOU

BY JOCELYN MORRIS ENTERTAINMENT COLUMNIST Jocelyn Morris is a professional makeup artist and style writer. Her blog can be found at www.jmorrismua.com   Happy 2015 to you! That sounds weird to say doesn’t it? I remember when I was a child, I always imagined 2015 and 2020 being like an episode of The Jetsons! Can I tell you something? As you read my words, you are fulfilling a dream for me. Thank you for th ...

Read more

ASK ALMA – To Marry to not to Marry

BY ALMA GILL COLUMNIST   Dear Alma, A friend of mine is engaged to her fiancé of 4 years, she recently found out that her fiancé has a child that he never told her about or talked about. This happened before they got together. He said he didn’t want to say anything because he didn’t want to hurt her or didn’t want it to ruin what they have, he has had no contact with the child or mother since it happen ...

Read more

CHICAGO DEEP FREEZE – Snow Removal

Snow removal fines have snowball effect on residents, property owners   Here we go Chicagoland. As you know wintertime fun time is upon us and one of the ongoing joys of the season is all the snow that has to be shoveled. Shoveling snow for some is considered fun and for others its considered a drag and a second a job. Whether you like the snow or hate it, there is one thing for sure. In the city remov ...

Read more

Celebrity Deaths 2014

Frankie Knuckles March 3, 2014                   Maya Angelou, age 86 May 28, 2014                       Ruby Dee, age 91 June 11, 2014                     Meshach Taylor, age 67 June 28, 20 ...

Read more

Clear Out the Clutter Before the New Year

THE RELIGION CORNER: It’s that time of the year again – the holidays! Thanksgiving marked the beginning of the shopping season, and now we all prepare for Christmas and New Year’s. We attend party after party, and we spend as much money as we possibly can buying gifts for our loved ones and friends. This column is here to suggest that before you go out and spend all of your hard-earned cash for the Christma ...

Read more

Time to Reform the ‘Thug’ Image of Hip Hop

One of my mentors asked me why I was so quiet and not making my voice heard in the streets protesting for justice.  First, because, I Can’t Breathe.  I am still in mourning over all these babies being gunned down by the people who are supposed to protect us. It goes back to what I have been saying all along is the Hip Hop’s Dilemma – the common distasteful physical, emotional and/or mental trauma people are ...

Read more

© 2014 Powered By The Windy City Word

Twitter Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Scroll to top