You Are Here: Home » Community (Page 12)

Ferguson Police Created Fear And Resentment Among African American Residents

Attorney General Eric Holder said Wednesday that the tensions between law enforcement and residents that erupted after the killing of Michael Brown, an unarmed black teenager in Missouri, were unsurprising given the “toxic” environment created by the biases of the Ferguson Police Department. Wednesday, The Department of Justice announced that it would not bring federal civil rights charges against Officer D ...

Read more

Mayor Emanuel Runs Another Red Light on Election Day

Mayor Emanuel Runs Another Red Light on Election Day Statement of Mark Wallace, Director of Citizens to Abolish Red Light Cameras.   Mayor Emanuel has proven once again that he is above his own law. Leaving a luncheon on 11th and Michigan, the second car of his two-car motorcade once again was caught by a red light camera running a red light. Apparently the red light cameras don’t prevent the Mayor of ...

Read more

CAR REVIEW: 2015 Lincoln Navigator

CAR REVIEW: 2015 Lincoln Navigator For a while there, it seemed like the Lincoln Navigator was headed to the trash heap. That’s how long it took the brand to fashion a new generation of the first luxury full-size sport utility. But for 2015, Lincoln has managed to mesh new and traditional in a very appealing package. Sheet metal design is important but luxury is conveyed in the interior of any vehicle and L ...

Read more

Black History Month Salute – Keeping the Dream Alive

By: Lyndia Grant Special to The NNPA From The Washington Informer Black History Month Salute - Keeping the Dream Alive “Energy Flows Where Attention Goes!” — Rev. Dr. Michael Beckwith, D.D.       This week, for Black History Month, it is my pleasure to introduce a “Son of Ward 8” – Curtis L. Etherly Jr., director of Government Affairs and International Stakeholder Relations, The Coca-Cola Company.  Curtis, ...

Read more

Food Rx for Upset Stomach

BY: DR. RO NNPA COLUMNIST   Food Rx for Upset Stomach Ever get that queasy feeling in the pit of your stomach for seemingly, no reason at all? You’re not alone. Although many people experience inexplicable stomach upsets that have no complicated medical diagnoses, researchers say the symptoms that often follow –nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, and other digestive upsets, occur in women about s ...

Read more

Foundation Review: Revlon Colorstay

BY: JOCELYN MORRIS FASHION & BEAUTY COLUMNIST   Foundation Review: Revlon Colorstay Hey everyone! I’m hoping that all is well with you. So I wanted to spill the beans on one of my favorite drugstore foundations. Did you just gasp when I said drugstore foundation? I heard you! Believe it or not, there are some really great products out there that are affordable and that work! For this blog post, I’m ...

Read more

WalaCamTv.com Internet Dance Sensation (WALA WORD)

Internet Dance Sensation (J-MONEY) Don’t act surprised at what is behind that pleasant smile and sweet southern charm, with over 5 Million views online, two full athletic and academic scholarships from top schools in the nation, WalaCamTv.com internet dance sensation J.Money promises to be a triple threat of her own. With a passion for performing arts, sports and eduction. J.Money holds no punches when it c ...

Read more

THE FEMALE SOLUTION: Terrorism At Home and Abroad: It Starts In Childhood

BY: NAIMAH LATIF COLUMNIST   THE FEMALE SOLUTION: Terrorism At Home and Abroad: It Starts In Childhood   The world watched in horror as New York police officers wrestled a man to the ground and slowly choked him to death, ignoring his gasps of “I can’t breathe!” The last words of Eric Garner quickly became a slogan of resistance to police brutality and the words “I CAN’T BREATHE” are now emblazone ...

Read more

Seeing Cancer in the Dark

Seeing Cancer in the Dark     Biomedical engineering doctoral student Suman Mondal demonstrates the goggle prototype that uses infrared light to illuminate cancer cells.   They started with a question about what they can be done with light without exposing the patient to radiation.  The answer is, use infrared light. By taking advantage of in the visual spectrum of what humans can and cannot see, docto ...

Read more

YMEN: Young Men’s Educational Network

BY: MICHAEL TROUT EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR YMEN: Young Men’s Educational Network PARENTS CAN FIND HUNDREDS OF RESOURCES FOR THEIR CHILDREN AT WWW.PARENTPOWERCHICAGO.COM YMEN: Young Men’s Educational Network YMEN’s Founder and Executive Director, Michael Trout, is a graduate of Wheaton College who moved into the North Lawndale community with his wife in August, 1992. After serving four years with the Lawndale Chri ...

Read more

5090 W. Harrison, Chicago, IL. 60644 | Phone:773-378-0261 | © 2014 Powered By The Windy City Word

Twitter Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Scroll to top