You Are Here: Home » Community (Page 16)

Hyde Park Suzuki Institute

Parents Can find hundreds of resources for their children at WWW.PARENTPOWERCHICAGO.ORG     The Hyde Park Suzuki Institute was founded in 1998 to bring the joy of music and the expression of its richness to children through the teaching methods of those who have proven through experience and research the exceptional learning ability of the young child.  Since then, the Institute has ...

Read more

EARTH, WIND AND FIRE’S MUSIC MARKS MARKS AN ERA OF SOCIAL EVOLUTION

By: Naimah Latif Staff Writer Celebrating Chicago’s Black History   If ever one needed an argument for keeping the music program in High Schools, one need only to look at the phenomenal success of Earth, Wind and Fire, whose founding members got their start in High School.   “Hearts of fire creates love desire, Take you higher and higher to the world you belong. Hearts of fire creates love desire, ...

Read more

Still our Champs – JRW stripped of title: Mean Spirited, Racially Motivated

BY: NAIMAH LTIF STAFF WRITER   St. Sabina Pastor Father Michael Pfleger, sporting his yellow Jackie Robinson West National Championship T- Shirt, denounced Little League International’s decision to strip the Jackie Robinson West (JRW) Little League Baseball Team of its National Championship title as “mean spirited.” He joined Rev. Jesse Jackson and other supporters at a press conference at the Rainbow ...

Read more

Car Review – 2015 Cadillac Escalade ESV

By Frank S. Washington Contributing Writer  Car Review - 2015 Cadillac Escalade ESV   The seats in our 2015 Cadillac Escalade ESV were a little firm. But there was plenty of head room and the leg room was sufficient. We felt confident that two adults would be comfortable but three would be squeezed. That was our observation about the third row seats of the Cadillac Escalade ESV. It only got better as w ...

Read more

Again, Let it Go. Please

By James Washington Special To The NNPA From the Dallas Weekly   Again, Let it Go. Please I am trying again to internalize that today is the day the Lord has made. Don’t complicate it. The more complicated the world seems, the simpler it is to understand God’s Word. I’m reminded every day and sometimes get caught up in the power of ego, pride and the desire to control, or better yet, be in control. Let ...

Read more

Non-Medical HIV Worker Flunk Test on Knowledge of Virus

By Freddie Allen NNPA Senior Washington Correspondent Phill Wilson, CEO of the Black AIDS Institute attend a National HIV/AIDS Awareness event.     Most non-medical HIV health care workers earned a “D” when surveyed on the science and treatment of the virus, according to a new report released this week by the Black AIDS Institute. While 70 percent of the HIV workers scored below 70 percent or the equiv ...

Read more

WALA WORD – So Low Redline

I can’t help but realize that the city I live in is very talented. One of the latest talents found here, SoLow Redline, deemed the “Homeless Subway Rapper”; has been rapping on a Chicago Redline station platform for countless years. Just until recently, SoLow Redline has done so without much notoriety until Co-Still (another local Chicago artist) posted a video of him performing in the Subway. You’d actuall ...

Read more

Bobbi Kristina Brown Hospitalized

By: Charles Roughy Staff Writer   Singer Bobby Brown issued a statement Sunday confirming the hospitalization of Bobbi Kristina Houston Brown, his daughter with the late superstar Whitney Houston, after she was found unresponsive Saturday morning in a bathtub at her Georgia home. “The report that Bobbi Kristina Brown has been taken to the hospital in Atlanta, Georgia is accurate,” read a statement from ...

Read more

THE FEMALE SOLUTION – “Married? Why would I want to get married? Marriage is for white people!”

by Naimah Latif Columnist “Married?  Why would I want to get married? Marriage is for white people!”   My jaw dropped and my mouth hung open in shock at the words of this sixteen year old sophomore student from my High School English class, his response to my suggestion about planning to marry his pregnant sixteen year old girlfriend. Having a child out of wedlock has become the norm in too many Africa ...

Read more

Loretto Hospital and Get Covered America Team Up for Health Care Enrollment Final Push

Loretto Hospital and Get Covered America Team Up for Health Care Enrollment Final Push   In effort to ensure the West Side gets covered, Get Covered America and Loretto will join forces with Congressman Danny K. Davis, State Representative Camille Lilly, and Ada S McKinley to hold enrollment events the next two Saturdays, 2/7 and 2/14   With just 11 days left until the end of open enrollment, Get ...

Read more

5090 W. Harrison, Chicago, IL. 60644 | Phone:773-378-0261 | © 2014 Powered By The Windy City Word

Twitter Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Scroll to top