You Are Here: Home » Community (Page 2)

BOOK REVIEW – Clean Design:

Robin Wilson   BOOK REVIEW - Clean Design: BY: Robin Wilson “This is a book for all people who want to detoxify their home environment. Although my driving force has always been to create living spaces that protect people with allergies and asthma, my advice is appropriate for anyone who wants to live in a purer, less-toxic home… Sometimes my suggestions will be dramatic… but most of my recommendatio ...

Read more

WORD OF MOUTH

WORD OF MOUTH AUSTIN – Let’s Take Care of Business 15th District Chicago Police Department Monthly Business Meeting Wednesday April 22, 2015 at 8:30 A.M. MacArthur’s Restaurant, 5412 W. Madison, Chicago, IL 1. Information Sharing: Business to Business information sharing allows us to address crime trends, as well as business opportunities, such as TIF, SBIF, Low interest loans, Competitive insurance etc. 2. ...

Read more

2015 Volkswagen Golf R

2015 Volkswagen Golf R   By Frank S. Washington NNPA Columnist The high-powered, low volume 2015 Volkswagen Golf R could play a big role in getting the German automaker’s U.S. sales back on the good foot. That would mean more VWs rolling out of showroom doors. Here’s the deal: the VW Golf recently was named car of the year by two very prestigious organizations. Now the Volkswagen Golf R helps to fill o ...

Read more

Spiritually Speaking: Bringing Sin to the Party? Woe!

Spiritually Speaking: Bringing Sin to the Party? Woe!               By James Washington Special to the NNPA  From The Dallas Weekly As believers we think we have a lot on our plates. From our perspective however, that shouldn’t mean we’re challenged beyond our capacity to fulfill God’s destiny for us. It just means we have a purpose; God’s. The more we understand and inter ...

Read more

Panamanian Culture Celebrated at Village Leadership Academy’s World Scholars Gala

Panamanian Culture Celebrated at Village Leadership Academy’s World Scholars Gala Windy City LIVE’s  Ji Suk Yi to Host Annual Fundraising Event   Ji Suk Yi Television personality Ji Suk Yi will serve as the guest host during Village Leadership Academy’s sixth annual World Scholars Program Gala, set for Sunday, April 19, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Nacional 27, located at 325 W. Huron in Chicago.  Ji Suk is the ...

Read more

The power of the shrug

The power of the Shrug   JOCELYN MORRIS FASHION COLUMNIST   Some call it a bolero. Others call it a shrug. Most of the time, these words are interchangeable and mean the same thing. A shrug/bolero is a basically a short, fitted cardigan or jacket with sleeves. I’m wearing one in the photo. You probably couldn’t tell at first but my shirt is actually sleeveless. A shrug can have either short sle ...

Read more

Letting Go Peacefully:

THE FEMALE SOLUTION Letting Go Peacefully: How To Break Up Without Breaking Down By NaimahLatif Columnist   “I hate you!  I never want to see you again!” My friend Evelyn’s 16 year old daughter Samantha screamed into her cell phone and to emphasize her point, threw the phone on the floor. I heard a cracking sound. “Her and her boyfriend broke up yesterday,” Evelyn informed me.  “They been screaming at ...

Read more

ASK ALMA – Confronting an Alcoholic Friend

Confronting an Alcoholic Friend Dear Alma,   I have a dear friend who is the sweetest, kindest person you could ever hope to know. She remembers everything you’ve ever told her, and always follows up to find out how things went. But, she’s a drinker. The last time we met for brunch, there was unlimited champagne, and she had seven or eight glasses. When we go out for dinner, she al ...

Read more

Will you spend your rent on weave?

Will you spend your rent on weave? By Tiffani Knowles Special to the NNPA from The Miami Times With the low-income levels of Black women living in Miami’s Upper East Side and the rise of the Black natural hair movement, some question the viability of the new, luxury hair extension boutique Indique that opened in the Miami Modern district last month. Indique’s grand opening is April 11 and will have consulta ...

Read more

Olivia’s Prayer Teams with Rush University Medical Center to Raise Awareness for the Alzheimer’s Caregiver

Olivia’s Prayer Teams with Rush University Medical Center to Raise Awareness for the Alzheimer’s Caregiver   In America alone, more than five million people suffer from Alzheimer’s disease.  In Illinois, Alzheimer’s is the 6th leading major cause of death.  There are more than a half million caregivers in Illinois providing over 600 million hours of unpaid and challenging services at a value of more th ...

Read more

© 2014 Powered By The Windy City Word

Twitter Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Scroll to top