You Are Here: Home » Community (Page 2)

Walacam Tv Spotlight – Big Sexy

As I sit back in my chair preparing to write this article, I had to ask myself if DJ Maine a.k.a “Big Sexy” really understands what he means to young men and woman dealing with weight issues in America? When I first came across his video online I was instantly memorized by his ability to use his obvious weight issues to gain your immediate atten ...

Read more

Outfit of the Day: “Winterizing” – a summer dress

By Jocelyn Morris Entertainment Columnist                     Jocelyn Morris is a professional makeup artist and style writer. Her blog can be found at www.jmorrismua.com. I don’t know about you, but it is very easy for me to struggle with fashion inspiration in the winter time. Chicago winters can really do a number on your soul! They are so cold and ...

Read more

Parent Power Chicago – Resource Spotlight – THE RESURRECTION PROJECT

In 1990, neighbors in Chicago’s Pilsen community began talking with new urgency about the blight, violence, and neglect they saw on their blocks. Six of the community’s parishes helped residents turn the talking into action when they joined together and each contributed $5,000 in seed money to start a community organization to address these problems. The Resurrectio ...

Read more

Rauner appoints Meeks to head Illinois State Board of Education

Republican Gov. Bruce Rauner announced Saturday that he has chosen spiritual leader and former Democratic state Sen. James Meeks to head the Illinois State Board of Education. Meeks currently serves as  pastor of Salem Baptist Church on the Far South Side of Chicago. Meeks endorsed Rauner for governor and was a member of the Rauner’s transition team. Gov. Rauner and Meeks both support the increased use of c ...

Read more

Rauner puts halt on pending Quinn appointments

Newly Elected Govenor Bruce Rauner Former Govenor Pat Quinn By Charles Roughy Staff Writer Newly elected Republican Gov. Bruce Rauner proclaimed  that he will try to undo moves and appointments made by exiting Gov. Pat Quinn. Gov. Rauner said Quinn was “inappropriate” in making a flurry of last-minute appointments and hires. “It’s been clear that there has been some inappropriate decisions, either it ...

Read more

The Resurrection Project

In 1990, neighbors in Chicago’s Pilsen ors, which had been another need identified by the community. The Resurrection Project’s Community Development initiative—three interdependent strategies that include Property Management, Real Estate Development, and Financial Services—had begun. Our mission had never just been about bricks and mortars projects and investments in tangible assets. It had been about crea ...

Read more

CAR REVIEW – 2015 Toyota Camry

BY FRANK S. WASHINGTON CONTRIBUTING WRITER The Toyota Camry has been the bestselling car in the United States for 12 years. Yes, 10.2 million have been sold and more than half – 6.6 million – are still on the road. So why change it? We never got a definitive answer. Only explanations such as we made it more premium, more fun to drive or more emotional were tossed around but that doesn’t really answer the qu ...

Read more

IS YOUR FAMILY PROTECTED? – Life Insurance Strengthens Your Financial Safety Net

Savings account? Check.  Retirement account? Check.  Debt managed responsibly? Check.  Life insurance? Wait a minute ... Protecting your financial security is about more than having money in the bank now and in the near future. It’s also about long-term financial protection for your family. However, a significant share of Americans ...

Read more

FREEWAY RICK ROSS – Book signing at West Side barber shop

Freeway Ricky Ross book signing, Photo by: Jamale Yusan Recently Freeway Ricky Ross stopped by “In The Cut” Barber Shop and Salon on West Madison in Chicago to sign copies of his new book “Freeway Rick Ross The Untold Autobiography” and grab a quick haircut. Ricky Donnell Ross, better Known as “Freeway Ricky Ross” is one of those rare figures who’s experience as a drug kingpin has lead him to a life of reb ...

Read more

King Detro – Crowned “KING OF FOOTWORK” in Chicago

Wala Word King Detro Wala Word caught up with the footwork king, “King Detro”, as he prepared to host the weekly WarZone. For those still getting familiar with the art of foot working, King Detro, or the current number of internationally acclaimed dancers that come from Chicago, visit www.WalaCamTV.com Q: So how did you get started footworking? King Detro: I fell in love with dance as a teen. I use to watch ...

Read more

© 2014 Powered By The Windy City Word

Twitter Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Scroll to top