You Are Here: Home » Community (Page 3)

BYRON Allen Lawsuit : ComCast Pay Least Expensive Negro

ComCast Pay Least Expensive Negro RATHER THAN DO BUSINESS WITH BLACK MEDIA COMPANIES BY CHARLES ROUGHY STAFF WRITER Legendary TV talk show host, founder of Entertainment Studios,  and self made Media Mogul Byron Allen is calling out Al Sharpton, President Obama, as well as some of the most powerful media entities in the world in a battle over racial discrimination in media buying. In an interview on  HuffPo ...

Read more

Rev. Willie T. Barrow – Loss of a Civil Rights Icon

REV. WILLIE T. BARROW THE LITTLE WARRIOR DEC. 7, 1924- MAR. 12, 2015 LOSS OF A CIVIL RIGHTS ICON Rev. Willie T. Barrow died last Thursday at the age of 90. Rev. Barrow was a long time fighter on the front lines of the civil rights movement, working for the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., participating in the 1963 March on Washington and in later years focusing concern on Chicago’s gun violence. Reverend Willie ...

Read more

Resource Spotlight: Neighborhood housing services of chicago

Neighborhood housing services of Chicago NHS is a nonprofit neighborhood revitalization organization committed to helping homeowners and strengthening neighborhoods throughout Chicago, South Suburban Cook County & Elgin. Neighborhood Lending Services (NLS), an NHS-affiliated corporation, is Illinois’ largest nonprofit lender for homeowners and new home buyers. Whether you are interested in free homebuye ...

Read more

CAR REVIEW: 2015 Mazda CX-5

CAR REVIEW: 2015 Mazda CX-5 Mazda gets little respect – and the Japanese automaker should get more. When the CX-5 crossover first came on the market, it was warmly accepted. It was spacious, functional and smartly styled. And over the years it has gotten even better but automakers with much larger advertising and marketing budgets have gotten all the attention for their compact utility vehicles while the CX ...

Read more

THE RELIGION CORNER: The Difficulties of Life Should Make Us Better

By: Lyndia Grant Special To The NNPA From the Washington Informer THE RELIGION CORNER: The Difficulties of Life Should Make Us Better     For the sake of this column, my message today is simply, look for the good in every bad situation; see the glass half-full, not half-empty. When you focus on the negatives in life, you will attract more negatives. ...

Read more

The Nude – Pump Project

By: Jocelyn Morris Fashion & Beauty Columnist 4 Generations Shooting Tragedy Hello all you lovely people! So I decided to switch up my approach to shoe shopping. It is ALWAYS a source of frustration for me. People think that women’s feet stop growing at size 9! And for the shoe stores that actually do sell shoes for women with larger feet, we have to comp ...

Read more

ASK ALMA: I Didn’t Arrest My Cop Friend’s Attention

ASK ALMA: I Didn’t Arrest My Cop Friend’s Attention Dear Alma, Ok, I was with a police officer for 10 years. He did some awful things in our relationship. Meaning he cheated on me. A lot of it was through the Internet or through the phone. Meaning he was sexting many other women. Which he considered not cheating. We were living together and I was battling lupus. He said it was because I was sick often and d ...

Read more

Cuba Gooding Sr. Continues to Enjoy a Thriving Entertainment Career

Cuba Gooding Sr. Continues to Enjoy a Thriving Entertainment Career Mention the song “Everybody Plays the Fool,” and an older generation of music lovers will immediately recall that The Main Ingredient, featuring lead singer Cuba Gooding, before he added the “senior” tag to his name, recorded the once-popular tune. A younger generation will immediately connect Gooding’s surname with his son, the actor, Cuba ...

Read more

Wala Cam TV Spotlight – Flyboi Scone

Wala Cam TV Spotlight - Flyboi Scone   As you get to know the city of Chicago, you can’t help but realize that there is plenty of talent, and ambition in these streets. Growing up in the city of Chicago is actually an asset when you come across individuals such as Demarcus Rogers, also known as “Flyboi Scone”. Born in the city of Chicago, he has been well aware of his big hip hop inspirations since an ...

Read more

MWRD passes ordinace to reduce taxes by 17.8 Mil

MWRD passes ordinace to reduce taxes by 17.8 Mil President Mariyana Spyropoulos of the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago stated that “the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago (MWRD) Board of Commissioners has passed ordinances directing the Cook County Clerk to reduce taxes by $17.8 million. “This tax reduction will be reflected in the second installment 2014 r ...

Read more

© 2014 Powered By The Windy City Word

Twitter Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Scroll to top