You Are Here: Home » Community (Page 4)

Demonstration Turns To Devastation

Demonstration Turns To Devastation By Naimah Latif Staff Writer In a rally that attracted black and white, young and old, citizens gathered on Daley Plaza in town Chicago to participate in a national protest against police killings of unarmed citizens. Promoted as “#ShutDownA14, on April 14, 2015 in major cities across the country protesters gathered to shut down major streets with peaceful but vigorous ant ...

Read more

BMOA Calls on Chicagoland Youth to Prevent Violence with Fashion

BMOA Calls on Chicagoland Youth to Prevent Violence with Fashion 1st Annual My City’s Fly T-shirt Design Competition Kicks Off with $2,500 in Cash and Prizes In an effort to  engage Chicagoland teens in an innovative way around the conversation of non-violence, the Black McDonald’s Operators Association (BMOA) of Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana  proudly announces the kick-off of the 1st annual My City’s F ...

Read more

POWER PARENTING: Summer Activities Impact Classroom Success

POWER PARENTING: Summer Activities Impact Classroom Success While every budget may not allow for camps, trips to theme parks or music lessons, we live in a world-class city that offers a wide variety of free and affordable activities: museums, parks, day camps, zoos. You’d be amazed at all of the options available at your neighborhood library! Doing nothing is not an option: We often bemoan the achievement ...

Read more

Mayor Rahm – Wins Second Term

Mayor Rahm - Wins Second Term with 56% of Vote By Naimah Latif Staff Writer It was a hard fought race, but it’s over now,” a hoarse Commissioner Jesus Chuy Garcia told a cheering crowd at the UIC Forum. “The people of Chicago made me what I am today. I say to the little boys and girls watching, we didn’t lose today, we tried today. You can’t achieve anything unless you try.” It had been a grueling weekend ...

Read more

IVY LEAGUE TUTORING

IVY LEAGUE TUTORING Ivy League Tutoring is Chicagoland’s only high-quality one-on-one tutoring agency. We have provided high quality tutoring for almost twenty-five years with Yale, Princeton, Columbia, Northwestern, West Point, Harvard, Cornell, Dartmouth, Stanford, M.I.T, Caltech, and University of Chicago educated tutors in all subjects, including Mathematics, Science, English, Reading, Social Science, F ...

Read more

THE OTIS WILSON CHARITABLE ASSOCIATION

THE OTIS WILSON CHARITABLE ASSOCIATION The Otis Wilson Charitable Association, is a non-profit organization, that’s committed to the community it serves, and most importantly, to the children of Chicago. The Otis Wilson Charitable Association works to reduce the negative outcomes related to low levels of physical activity, poor nutrition, and illiteracy in the lives of youth, and increase the positive outco ...

Read more

ACLU report: Chicago Stop and Frisk Aimed at Minority Residents

ACLU report: Chicago Stop and Frisk Aimed at Minority Residents Stop And Frisk   Chicago police are now among the nation’s leaders in the use of the controversial “stop-and-frisk” practice, replacing New York City which had been notorious for the technique. That startling finding is at the core of a new report issued today by the American Civil Liberties Union of Illinois on the practice by the Chicago ...

Read more

Wala Cam TV: The Beginning of Chicago’s Urban Dance Evolution

Wala Cam TV: The Beginning of Chicago’s Urban Dance Evolution Jerome "WALA" Williams FOUNDER   Picture this... it’s 1999, you’re an aspiring videographer in the city of Chicago, and in the windy streets of Chicago lies your cast of raw talent. You have an idea... You’re looking for something to capture in this beautiful city. Not just anything to capture. You’re looking for talent that the rest of the ...

Read more

All Girls Deserve a Chance to Play

Parents can find hundreds of resources for their children at www.parentpowerchicago.org All Girls Deserve a Chance to Play “I think one of the unique things about Girls in the Game is we take sports and fitness opportunities and we combine that with health education for girls—nutrition, body image and leadership development—and bring it together to make programs that address the whole girl.”  Amy Keen , Exe ...

Read more

Increased Black Home Ownership Would Slice Wealth Gap

Increased Black Home Ownership Would Slice Wealth Gap By Freddie Allen NNPA Columnist Researchers studying the affects of public policy on the racial wealth gap estimated that the median wealth of Black households would rise 451 percent if Blacks owned homes at the same rates as Whites. “With policies that advance the rate of Black and Latino homeownership to the same rate as White households, Black media ...

Read more

© 2011 Powered By Wordpress, Goodnews Theme By Momizat Team

Scroll to top