You Are Here: Home » Community (Page 6)

CAR REVIEW – 2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD

CAR REVIEW - 2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD GMC’s 2015 Sierra 2500HD is a serious truck. We had the Denali Crew Cab 4X4 trim model and found that the hulking full-size pickup had enough oomph to handle most jobs that an individual or small crew might come upon. Our test vehicle was powered by a 6.6-liter V8 turbodiesel engine capable of operating on biodiesel fuel. It generated 397 horsepower and 765 pound-f ...

Read more

Forgiven and Forgive

By James Washington Special to the NNPA from the Houston Forward Times Forgiven and Forgive I am re-reading a book that I highly recommend by Beth Moore, Jesus, the One and Only. It reminds me rather vigorously that forgiveness is still a critical concept in the life of so many so called Christians, who profess faith as their spiritual cornerstone. The book is turning my soul inside out because it vividly r ...

Read more

Alzheimer’s Disease Study Seeks African American Volunteers

Alzheimer’s Disease Study Seeks African American Volunteers More than 5 million Americans are currently suffering from Alzheimer’s disease and scientists expect this number to triple by 2050. Experts say that African Americans are two to three times more likely than white Americans to develop the disease. A groundbreaking study testing whether an investigational drug can prevent or slow the development of A ...

Read more

THE FEMALE SOLUTION

By Naimah Latif Columnist THE FEMALE SOLUTION For Better Or Worse, Til Death Do You Part? Really? “Free at last! Free at Last! Thank God Almighty, I’m free at last!” My friend Diana was triumphantly waving her divorce papers that had just come in the mail as she scurried over to the table at the restaurant where our little group met for lunch. We couldn’t help but laugh at her us ...

Read more

My Daddy is Having a Baby with a Young Thang!

ASK ALMA My Daddy is Having a Baby with a Young Thang! Dear Alma, My 59-year-old father may have conceived a child with his 28-year-old girlfriend. I say “may” because his girlfriend sleeps around, and everybody in town knows it. My father is raising this child as his own. He asked my siblings and me to accept this baby and his girlfriend in our lives. He wants them invited to family parties, holidays, birt ...

Read more

5 Tips for Taking Back Your Shower

5 Tips for Taking Back Your Shower If you’re like many busy women, you may have discovered that your shower is the only time you have to yourself each day, away from the stress and responsibilities of everyday life. Making the most of each shower will allow you to take the time to cleanse not only your body, but also your mind. With these five simple tips, you can wash away your worries and make each shower ...

Read more

The Bath Truth

The Bath Truth A multi-sensorial playground to nurture baby’s development Special to the NNPA from The Atlanta Voice From bath time to bedtime, there are a number of rituals parents participate in with their children that bring them closer together. These small acts provide a sense of security to little ones and serve as family bonding time. However, many parents do not realize these everyday moments can be ...

Read more

BMOA Calls on Chicagoland Youth to Prevent Violence with Fashion

BMOA Calls on Chicagoland Youth to Prevent Violence with Fashion 1st Annual My City’s Fly T-shirt Design Competition Kicks Off with $2,500 in Cash and Prizes In an effort to  engage Chicagoland teens in an innovative way around the conversation of non-violence, the Black McDonald’s Operators Association (BMOA) of Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana  proudly announces the kick-off of the 1st annual My City’s F ...

Read more

POWER PARENTING: Summer Activities Impact Classroom Success

POWER PARENTING: Summer Activities Impact Classroom Success While every budget may not allow for camps, trips to theme parks or music lessons, we live in a world-class city that offers a wide variety of free and affordable activities: museums, parks, day camps, zoos. You’d be amazed at all of the options available at your neighborhood library! Doing nothing is not an option: We often bemoan the achievement ...

Read more

Mayor Rahm – Wins Second Term

Mayor Rahm - Wins Second Term with 56% of Vote By Naimah Latif Staff Writer It was a hard fought race, but it’s over now,” a hoarse Commissioner Jesus Chuy Garcia told a cheering crowd at the UIC Forum. “The people of Chicago made me what I am today. I say to the little boys and girls watching, we didn’t lose today, we tried today. You can’t achieve anything unless you try.” It had been a grueling weekend ...

Read more

5090 W. Harrison, Chicago, IL. 60644 | Phone:773-378-0261 | © 2014 Powered By The Windy City Word

Twitter Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Scroll to top