You Are Here: Home » Community (Page 9)

The Hype is Real…

The Hype is Real… Written By: By: Antoinette Logan  THE BOY ILLINOIS   That’s what everything boils down to, after researching, meeting and watching an AWESOME live and VERY interactive performance by The Boy Illinois. His music is a story, and very relatable. From the beat, to the lyrics, to the wave of his flow, we can appreciate his expressions. In all, we believe he can definitely carry the weight ...

Read more

Wala Cam TV: The Beginning of Chicago’s Urban Dance Evolution

Wala Cam TV: The Beginning of Chicago’s Urban Dance Evolution Jerome "WALA" Williams FOUNDER   Picture this... it’s 1999, you’re an aspiring videographer in the city of Chicago, and in the windy streets of Chicago lies your cast of raw talent. You have an idea... You’re looking for something to capture in this beautiful city. Not just anything to capture. You’re looking for talent that the rest of the ...

Read more

My Spring Awakening

By: Jocelyn Morris Fashion & Beauty Columnist   Outfit of the Day:    My Spring Awakening Hello all you lovely people in Chicago! Spring is here and I am SO excited. I feel like a bear that has been slumbering in a deep sleep for a long time. This is the time of year that I feel most alive! I’m a spring baby so that could have something to do with it. ...

Read more

HIV Could Be Impacting Already High Cancer Rates Among Blacks

HIV Could Be Impacting Already High Cancer Rates Among Blacks By Roberto Alejandro Special to NNPA: the Afro-American Newspaper   A recent study published in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute found people with HIV develop cancer at higher rates than would be expected in the general population. This finding has particular public health implications for African Americans, who already suffer the wor ...

Read more

All Girls Deserve a Chance to Play

Parents can find hundreds of resources for their children at www.parentpowerchicago.org All Girls Deserve a Chance to Play “I think one of the unique things about Girls in the Game is we take sports and fitness opportunities and we combine that with health education for girls—nutrition, body image and leadership development—and bring it together to make programs that address the whole girl.”  Amy Keen , Exe ...

Read more

Increased Black Home Ownership Would Slice Wealth Gap

Increased Black Home Ownership Would Slice Wealth Gap By Freddie Allen NNPA Columnist Researchers studying the affects of public policy on the racial wealth gap estimated that the median wealth of Black households would rise 451 percent if Blacks owned homes at the same rates as Whites. “With policies that advance the rate of Black and Latino homeownership to the same rate as White households, Black media ...

Read more

The Chicago Reckoning

By Jesse Jackson NNPA Columnist   The Chicago Reckoning Why is Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel in a neck and neck run-off for re-election? He enjoys national press attention, advertises the endorsement of hometown favorite, President Obama, brandishes a $30 million-plus campaign war chest, largely funded by 100 or so major donors, and mobilizes wall-to-wall advertising and a professional campaign team. Yet ...

Read more

BYRON Allen Lawsuit : ComCast Pay Least Expensive Negro

ComCast Pay Least Expensive Negro RATHER THAN DO BUSINESS WITH BLACK MEDIA COMPANIES BY CHARLES ROUGHY STAFF WRITER Legendary TV talk show host, founder of Entertainment Studios,  and self made Media Mogul Byron Allen is calling out Al Sharpton, President Obama, as well as some of the most powerful media entities in the world in a battle over racial discrimination in media buying. In an interview on  HuffPo ...

Read more

Rev. Willie T. Barrow – Loss of a Civil Rights Icon

REV. WILLIE T. BARROW THE LITTLE WARRIOR DEC. 7, 1924- MAR. 12, 2015 LOSS OF A CIVIL RIGHTS ICON Rev. Willie T. Barrow died last Thursday at the age of 90. Rev. Barrow was a long time fighter on the front lines of the civil rights movement, working for the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., participating in the 1963 March on Washington and in later years focusing concern on Chicago’s gun violence. Reverend Willie ...

Read more

Resource Spotlight: Neighborhood housing services of chicago

Neighborhood housing services of Chicago NHS is a nonprofit neighborhood revitalization organization committed to helping homeowners and strengthening neighborhoods throughout Chicago, South Suburban Cook County & Elgin. Neighborhood Lending Services (NLS), an NHS-affiliated corporation, is Illinois’ largest nonprofit lender for homeowners and new home buyers. Whether you are interested in free homebuye ...

Read more

5090 W. Harrison, Chicago, IL. 60644 | Phone:773-378-0261 | © 2014 Powered By The Windy City Word

Twitter Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Scroll to top