You Are Here: Home » Community (Page 9)

Columbia College Students Get Advice from Music Experts

Columbia College Students Get Advice from Music Experts Columbia College students got a treat when Atlantic Records recording artist B.o.B was apart of the ‘No Genre Music’ Seminar on campus. Hosted by WGCI on air personalities, Tony Scofield and Columbia College graduate, Demi Lobo it was a ‘standing room’ only as students packed the intimate theaters. There was a great deal of knowledge shared as panelist ...

Read more

Judge Marianne Jackson appointed to 7th Subcircuit

By: Amanda Ward Staff Writer                                                 Judge Jackson served as an associate judge from 1997 until 2014. She ran for election to the Cook County 7th Subcircuit in 2014 but was defeated in the primary. Many of the Judge Jackson supporters (Team Jackson) ...

Read more

MISSING PERSONS

TAURESHA THOMAS Last seen three weeks ago in the vicinity of 82nd & Ashland. If you have any information about the where a bouts of Tauresha Thomas                       Call The Windy City Word 773-378-0261 ...

Read more

Ford Ready to Work in a “Shaken Up” Illinois

on Issues for a Stronger and Fairer State CHICAGO - “With the election now behind us, I would like to thank the voters for their vote of confidence as I move into my fifth term as state Representative for the 8th District of Illinois,” said state Rep. La Shawn K. Ford, D-Chicago. “I am more ready now than I have ever been, with better insights into the needs of peop ...

Read more

DuSable Museum President & CEO Carol Adams Slates Retirement

DuSable Museum President & CEO Carol Adams  Slates Retirement CHICAGO, IL. (24 October 2014) – After a stellar and award-winning career of more than five decades,  working in the fields of education, cultural arts and activism, DuSable Museum President and CEO, Carol L. Adams, Ph. D. has announced her plans to retire from the leadersh ...

Read more

Governor Elect Bruce Rauner

By: Mary L. Datcher Staff Writer Bruce Rauner is Governor of the State of Illinois after defeating incumbent, Governor Pat Quinn in Tuesday’s Midterm Elections. After 52% of the voter calculation, media outlets declared the Republican candidate the winner.      Because of the shortage of polling judges available due to an anonymous robocalls scaring at least 2,000 election judges from showing up a ...

Read more

Young, Black & Gifted

By: Dani Jackson Article And Photos             Miss Black Illinois USA Scholarship Pageant Last weekend, contestant Destiny Lee was crowned Miss Black Illinois USA 2015 and Zoie Horton was crowned Miss Black Talented Teen 2015. The competition was steep, with 4 teen contestants and 12 adult contestants competing for the opportunity to represent Illinois. Lee, who was Miss Blac ...

Read more

State Rep. Art Turner Sponsors Creative Artists Town Hall

By: Mary L. Datcher Staff Writer                                       The West Side of Chicago best known for its radical movement in politics, the inception of the Conservative Vice Lords and the street influenced style of Hip Hop music. Artists such as Da Brat, the first female Hip Hop artist to go platinum wit ...

Read more

Ald. Thompson and Obudsman opens third school on South Side

Alderman JoAnn Thompson celebrates with Ombudsman Chicago students and staff during a ribbon cutting ceremony honoring the grand opening of Ombudsman’s third Chicago Options School. Ombudsman Chicago offers teens a second chance at achieving academic success and building a bright future as they work toward earning a CPS diploma. Ombudsman offers open enrollment throughout the school year and i ...

Read more

Keeping My Brother’s Keeper

By: Rep. Frederica S. Wilson NNPA COLUMNIST     All of us must do our part if we are to succeed in this monumental endeavor to help our children achieve their full potential. In 2012, 17-year-old Ivins Rosier broke into Florida Highway Patrol Trooper Robert Boody’s West Palm Beach home. Ivins shot Boody’s 5-year-old German Shepherd. Five days later, the dog was euthanized. That same year, 17-year- ...

Read more

5090 W. Harrison, Chicago, IL. 60644 | Phone:773-378-0261 | © 2014 Powered By The Windy City Word

Please wait...

Subscribe to our newsletter

Want to be notified when our article is published? Enter your email address and name below to be the first to know.
Twitter Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Scroll to top