You Are Here: Home » Community » Lifestyle » “Dream Big” We are all God’s Children

“Dream Big” We are all God’s Children

By: Pastor Ron Winston
Zion Rock Missionary Baptist Church

Greetings my brothers and sisters.   I Thank God in advance for you taking the time out of your schedule to receive this message on Thinking Big.
Several months ago, the Lord laid it on my heart to teach the people on Thinking Big, Talking Big and Dreaming Big.  One writer said, if you’re going to think, why not think big! Every human creature God made He gave them muscles.  You would be amazed at how many people spend hours in the gym to build and tone their bodies, but spend very little time excercising the muscle in their brain.
Ask yourself this question, how many hours do I spend reading a good book, meditating on positive tapes, or even sitting in the presence of great men.  You see, books aren’t designed for relaxation; they’re design to discipline the muscle in the brain.  In our day and time most people don’t enjoy reading, especially our children and teenagers.
We have been program to think that reading is boring and useless, so what do we do now, we find replacements to stimulate the mind with things such as cable television, cell phones and music that gives no edification the brain is yearning for a pacifier, to cause us to be lazy thinkers, always consumers, quick to use our hands but not our heads, it’s an old saying:  A man that knows how to do a job will always have a job, but the man who understands the job, will always be the boss.
We have trained our children to go to school so they can work for someone else.  Why can’t we train our children to go to school and stay in school?  Why can’t we train them to start their own business, to become their own boss?  When a man’s mind has been pacified, he wants everything quick!
When I was a boy, we use to play games that were created by somebodies thoughts and imagination.  We played games like, red light green light, captain may I and hide and seek.  Creativity such as this brought joy to the hearts of children.
Ladies and gentlemen, the children of today, their minds are being controlled by video games and music which promotes crime and violence.  Where does that leave us?  It leaves us with human creatures with no creativity, no imagination for greatness and trapped in a society with low self-esteem.One of my favorite quotes that I would love to share is, if you don’t think for yourself, somebody else will.  There are three (3) entities that have a strong influence on the way people should think.  These areas have the power to make you think big or small, positive or negative, successfully or being a failure.
The world teaches us what to think but God teaches us how to think.  A scripture in the bible says (Prov 23:7) If you think like a loser you become one, but if you think like a winner you are one.  Thinking big is hard work, especially if you’ve been program to think average all your life.
(Romans 12-2) See, the battle ground is in your mind, and the perfect will of God is in His creatures in whom He hath created to think like kings.  Notice some of the verses in the bible, listen to what it calls His creatures, “You are a Royal Priestess,” You are heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ,” “You are more than conquerors, You are the light of the world.”
When I look at these verses, it makes me think, I’m better than what society says I am but in order for you and I to see something like this, we have to change our thinking.  See, God already sees what He wants you to be, but you have to see it in your thoughts, day to day thinking, and your imagination and in your dreams.
The three (3) entities I spoke of earlier, that have in influence on you are (1) people, (2) places, which is your environment and (3) things.  These (3) can enlarge your thinking or destroy it, let’s look at one of them.  People – husband, wife, mother, father, siblings, school teacher, pastors just to name a few, anyone that you open your thinking to can affect your for the rest of your life.
Here is an example:  A mother talking down to her 5 year old son calling him names such as lazy, stupid.  Listen ladies and gentleman, the 5 year old boy is forming a negative profile about himself at a very early age.  He’s been called these names so often until now he starts to believe that that is who he is.
Years of hearing negative words, form negative thinking that produces a negative lifestyle that causes a negative neighborhood called the slums.  If you can change a man’s thinking, you can change his life.  See, vision is how to live beyond your physical eyes.  Your eyes are the enemy to your vision.  Sight limit’s your Faith.  This is why the words say in (Cor 5-7) we walk by faith and not by sight.
If you don’t see yourself doing great things, you won’t do it.  Here’s a thinking level test:  Who do you surround yourself with and who surrounds themselves with you?  Rich people attract rich people, the middle class attract the middle class, and poor people attract poor people.
Muhammad Ali was considered to be the greatest fighter in the world, he would whip his opponent before they got in the ring with his words.  He programmed himself to be the Greatest by thinking big!  If you ever notice, our Lord and savior Jesus Christ thinks and talks big.  In (John 14-16) He says I am the way, the truth and the light, Jesus also said I am the light of the world, I am the bread of life, I am the salt of the earth.
The Lord told Ezekiel to prophesy to these dry bones.  See your dry bones can be your dead dreams, talk life into them every day.  There’s no law against talking big, you’re in this world for a purpose, so go ahead and think big!!
Flip Wilson had a saying on his show years ago, what you see is what you get!  But the Kingdom of God says, what you say is what you get. (Mark 11-23) says, Whosoever shall say unto this mountain, be thou removed and be thou cast into the sea and not doubt in his heart, but believe that those which he saith shall come to pass, he shall have whatsoever he saith).  So, if you start thinking and talking big, you will receive big things.
Now I must warn you, It’s not going to change overnight.  It takes work changing your thinking and your words especially if you’ve been thinking and talking a certain way for years.  It takes discipline, and when discipline takes place, it moves you into another realm of thinking.  Your mentality begins to change.  You no longer want to be poor and broke, you have zero tolerance, your expectations have climbed higher, and you want more out of life.
Stay away for negative people. If you want your situation to change, get with those who think and talk big.  Satan is a lie!  Always saying, there are no jobs, you don’t have enough experience, you may as well quit!  God hasn’t forsaken you.  Say to yourself, “It may seem bad now, but I’m coming out in Jesus Name.
Talk and think big every day, drive to areas that are wealthy, read positive book on millionaires, listen to men and women of God who teaches on Faith and Success.  In 6 months, you’ll be a changed man or woman.  Your success lies in “NO ONE ELSES HANDS BUT YOURS” be blessed and think big.

GOD BLESS

Pastor Ron Winston
Zion Rock Missionary Baptist Church

Clip to Evernote

About The Author

Number of Entries : 108

Leave a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.

© 2014 Powered By The Windy City Word

Weather forecast by WP Wunderground & Denver Snow Service

Scroll to top